What information do we collect?
We collect information in a few different ways:
1. When you give it to us or give us permission to obtain it
When you sign up for or use our products, you voluntarily give us certain information. This can include your name, profile photo, and email address you used to sign up, and any other information you provide us.
You can also give us permission to access your information in other services. For example, you may link your Instagram account to ShopMyFeed, which allows us to obtain information from Instagram (such as followers, and images). The information we get from those services often depends on your settings or their privacy policies, so be sure to check what those are.
2. We also get technical information when you use our products
These days, whenever you use a website, mobile application or other Internet service, certain information is almost always created and recorded automatically. The same is true when you use our products. Here are some of the types of information we collect:
- Log data. When you use ShopMyFeed, our servers automatically record information (“log data”), including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you’re using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web pages you visited that had ShopMyFeed features, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, how you used ShopMyFeed, and cookie data.
- Device information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you’re using ShopMyFeed on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you’re using, device settings, unique device identifiers and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you’re using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or an Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please also check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
How do we use the information we collect?
We use the information we collect to provide our products to you and make them better, develop new products, and protect ShopMyFeed and our users. For example, we may log how often people use two different versions of a feature, which can help us understand which feature is better.
- We also use the information we collect to offer you customised content, including:
- Suggesting which Outfits you might like. For example, if you’ve indicated that you’re interested in dresses or have visited fashion websites that have ShopMyFeed features, we may suggest similar outfits or fashion products or users that we think you might like.
We also use the information we collect to:
- Send you updates, newsletters, marketing materials and other information that may be of interest to you.
- Help your friends and contacts find you on ShopMyFeed. For example, if you sign up using a Instagram account, we may help your Instagram Followers find your account on ShopMyFeed when they first sign up for ShopMyFeed. Or, we may allow people to search for your account on ShopMyFeed using your email address.
- Respond to your questions or comments.
Transferring your information
ShopMyFeed is a worldwide service. By using our products or services, you authorise us to transfer and store your information outside your home country, including in the United States, for the purposes described in this policy. The privacy protections and rights of authorities to access your personal information in such countries may not be equivalent to those in your home country.
What choices do you have about your information?
Our goal is to give you simple and meaningful choices regarding your information. If you have a ShopMyFeed account, many of the choices you have on ShopMyFeed are built directly into the product or your account settings. For example, you can:
- Access and change information in your My Account page at any time. This is accessed through the web application.
- Close your account at any time. When you close your account, we’ll remove your information, products and uploaded images from ShopMyFeed. We may retain archived copies of your information, and products as required by law or for legitimate business purposes (including to help address fraud and spam).
You may have choices available to you through the device or software you use to access ShopMyFeed. For example:
- The browser you use may provide you with the ability to control cookies or other types of local data storage.
- Your mobile device may provide you with choices regarding how and whether your location or other data is shared with us.
To learn more about these choices, please see the information provided by the device or software provider.
How and when do we share information?
Anyone can see your profile, products you create, and the profile information you give us. We may also make this public information available through what are called “APIs” (basically a technical way to share information quickly). For example, a partner might use a ShopMyFeed API to gather which images they have Tagged Products on.. The other limited instances where we may share your personal information include:
- When we have your consent. This includes sharing information with other services (such as Instgram) when you’ve chosen to link your ShopMyFeed account to Instagram.
- When you buy something on ShopMyFeed using your Paypal account, we may share your Paypal information, contact information and other information about the transaction with the seller you’re buying from.
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights or property of the public, any person or ShopMyFeed; or to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues. We may share the information described in this Policy with our wholly owned subsidiaries and affiliates. We may engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganisation or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of the information described in this Policy. We may also share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with our partners, advertisers or others.
Our policy on children’s information.
ShopMyFeed is not aimed at children under 13. If you learn that your minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us.
How do we make changes to this policy?
We may change this policy from time to time and if we do we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use ShopMyFeed after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are significant, we may provide a more prominent notice or get your consent, as required by law.
How can you contact us?
The best way to contact us is online via the Contact Us web page.